Kia Forte vs. Mitsubishi Lancer
If you’re in the market for a new car, there are certainly plenty of choices flooding today’s marketplace. Narrowing the field to two popular models, the Kia Forte vs. Mitsubishi Lancer, which of these vehicles will provide you with everything you’re looking for in a new car? Come along with us as we compare the 2017 Forte and the 2017 Lancer side by side. One of these cars clearly pulls ahead of the other in various areas. Keep reading to find out which one wins!
Cost is a factor most consumers look at first and foremost when searching for a new vehicle. In terms of pricing, the Kia Forte upstages the Mitsubishi Lancer, offering a beginning price that is more than $1,300 below the Lancer’s starting cost.
Prices and trim levels for the Forte lineup are as follows:
- Forte LX: Pricing starts at $16,490 MSRP
- Forte S: Pricing starts at $19,200 MSRP
- Forte EX: Pricing starts at $21,200 MSRP
The Lancer lineup includes the following trims and prices:
- Lancer ES 2.0: Pricing begins at $17,795 MSRP
- Lancer ES 2.4 AWC: Pricing begins at $20,295 MSRP
- Lancer SE 2.4 AWC: Pricing begins at $21,095 MSRP
- Lancer SEL 2.4 AWC: Pricing begins at $22,095 MSRP
The Kia Forte wins once again over the Lancer when it comes to fuel economy.
- Onboard the Forte, drivers will enjoy cost savings at the pump thanks to fuel economy as low as 8.1 L/100 km in the city and 6.1 L/100 km out on the highway.
- The Mitsubishi Lancer’s top fuel economy delivery, in comparison, is 8.7 L/100 km in the city and 6.9 L/100 km on the highway.
In terms of safety ratings and features, the Forte once again outdoes the Lancer. In crash tests administered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Forte earned 5 Stars overall, which is the highest rating that agency grants for automobiles. In contrast, the Lancer received only 4 Stars overall.
The Forte also offers a variety of safety and driver-assist features not found onboard the Lancer, including:
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Available Blind Spot Detection System with Lane Change Assist
- Available Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Available Lane Departure Warning System
- Available Lane Keep Assist System
- Available Forward Collision Warning System
- Available Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
Are You Ready to Drive a Winner?
As you can see, the 2017 Kia Forte exceeds the 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer in various areas. If you’re ready to try out the Forte for yourself, the friendly, knowledgeable team at Triple J Auto is at your service! Stop by our dealership or contact us today to learn more about the outstanding Forte and to take it for a test drive out on the open road.