What are the Mazda Maintenance Schedules?
If you want to ensure your Mazda vehicle will operate at peak performance on Guam roads as long as possible, routine maintenance is a must. If you would like to know about the recommended Mazda maintenance schedule, the auto service team at Triple J Guam would be glad to share the details. You can also find additional information in your owner’s manual. When you follow manufacturer guidelines and the recommendations of the experts at our service center, you can be sure your Mazda is getting all of the attention it requires. Below, Triple J Guam has provided the maintenance schedules for several fan-favorite Mazda models.
Mazda Oil Change Schedule
Keep in mind that the oil change schedule for Mazda vehicles can fluctuate based on whether the Oil Change maintenance monitor was set to “Flexible” or “Fixed.” What does this mean? The frequency of certain maintenance tasks will vary.
- On a “Flexible” oil change monitor setting: Replace oil when the wrench indicator is ON – This is also when you should replace the air filter and cabin air filter (max interval is 12 months / 10,000 miles).
- On a “Fixed” oil change monitor setting: Replace the oil every 6 months, the air filter at 30 months, and the cabin air filter every two years.
Mazda3 Maintenance Schedule
Annually/Every 5,000 Miles in Mazda3
- Inspect your disc brakes
- Rotate tires at 5,000 miles
Every Two Years in Mazda3
- Inspect fuel lines/hoses
- Brake lines, hoses, and connections
- Inspect steering operation
- Inspect front and rear suspension
- Inspect driveshaft dust boost
- Tighten bolts and nuts and chassis and body.
Every Three Years in Mazda3
- Inspect the drive belts.
Every Four Years in Mazda3
- Inspect the hoses and tubes for emission
- Inspect exhaust system and heat shields.
When to Replace Engine Coolant in Mazda3
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years or 60,000 miles / 4 years depending on coolant type.
- After the first engine coolant replacement, change at 60,000 miles / 5 years and 60,000 miles / 4 years, respectively.
Mazda3 Engine Spark Plugs
- Replace spark plugs at 75,000 miles
Mazda6 Maintenance Schedule
With normal driving conditions, follow the Mazda3 schedules for yearly, two-year, and three-year maintenance needs, with minor variations.
Annually/Every 7,500 Miles in Mazda6
- Replace engine oil and filter when the wrench indicator light is ON. Max interval is 12 months / 7,500 miles.
- Rotate tires
- Inspect the emergency flat tire repair kit if installed
- If submerged in water, replace the rear differential and transfer oil
Every Two Years in Mazda6
- Replace the cabin air filter
Every Three Years in Mazda6
- Replace the air filter
Every Four Years in Mazda6
- Inspect hoses and tubes for emission
Every Five Years in Mazda6
- Inspect the exhaust system and heat shields
Every 10 Years/120,000 Miles in Mazda6
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years
- Replace the engine coolant every 60,000 miles / 5 years after the first replacement.
Mazda6 SKYACTIV®-G Spark Plug Maintenance
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.5: Replace spark plugs every 75,000 miles
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T: Replace spark plugs every 40,000 miles
Mazda CX-5 Maintenance Schedule
In normal driving conditions, Follow the Mazda6 schedule, with a few minor changes.
Mazda CX-5 SKYACTIV®-G Spark Plug Maintenance
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T: Replace spark plugs in the engine every 40,000 miles
- Every Other Engine: Replace spark plugs every 75,000 miles
Keep Up With Routine Maintenance at Triple J Guam
Is your Mazda in need of an oil change or tire rotation? If it is time for any of the service tasks mentioned above, Guam drivers should set up a service appointment at Triple J Guam. At our state-of-the-art service facility, our highly-skilled technicians will treat your vehicle with the utmost care. You know your car is in good hands every time you leave it with us. Schedule your Mazda maintenance appointment on Guam today, and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at any time. In the meantime, check out our guide on how to properly wash a car.