How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
Properly equipped, the 2019 Ford Explorer can tow 3,000 to 5,000 pounds. Additionally, it has a payload capacity of 1,259 to 1,717 pounds. Whether you’re towing a boat to Tagachang Beach or hauling materials for a construction project, the new Ford Explorer SUV has the muscle to get the job done. Learn more about the Ford Explorer towing capacity, performance, and features below!
2019 Ford Explorer Engine Options
Tinian shoppers can choose from three available Ford Explorer engines:
- 3.5L V6: Thanks to Ti-VCT (twin independent variable camshaft timing), this engine produces 290 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque, and delivers solid performance across low, medium, and high power ranges.
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: This engine earns up to 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway and is capable of 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: Using turbocharging and direct injection, this 3.5L generates 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. Explorer Sport and Platinum come standard with this engine.
2019 Ford Explorer Towing Packages
You can equip your 2019 Ford Explorer SUV with a towing package to give it a little extra grit. Rota drivers have two options:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package: You can equip this package on a Ford Explorer with the 2.3L engine. It includes everything you need to tow up to 3,000 pounds, including a frame-mounted hitch and wiring harness.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: Available for the 3.5L V6 engine, this package includes an engine oil cooler, a frame-mounted hitch, and four- and seven-pin trailer connectors. This is the package needed to tow up to 5,000 pounds.
Ford Towing Safety Features
Ford offers some of the most intelligent towing safety features in the industry — and the Ford Explorer is no exception. Here are a couple highlights:
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: Tackle Guam’s sometimes gravelly and sandy terrain with ease. You can switch between Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: AdvanceTrac® with RSC™ monitors yaw and roll rates using gyroscopic sensors, and helps retain control in the event of wheel-slip, understeer, or oversteer. It also includes Curve Control, which slows the Explorer’s speed during tight cornering.
Learn More About the Ford Explorer Towing Capacity at Triple J Guam!
See what else the 2019 Ford Explorer can do at Triple J Guam in Guam. We’ll put you behind the wheel of a brand-new Ford Explorer and introduce you to our newest vehicle specials for CNMI shoppers.