Tech Talk 6/23/2016
Car maintenance is the hot topic of this episode, and as usual, Patti and Adam have a lot of wisdom to share! They start the podcast with a quick discussion of routine maintenance services (0:30), like oil changes. Patti ponders gas tank levels and poses the question: “What happens if you NEVER top off your tank?” (1:11) The two discuss the importance of staying ahead of car troubles (2:57). Regular oil changes may seem like a minor service, but neglecting your scheduled maintenance could lead to engine failure and even a voided warranty. Patti and Adam launch into viewer questions, which include:
- What effect does high heat have on the car’s battery? (4:00)
- What can you do to improve the battery’s lifespan in excessive heat? (5:27)
- Do you have to warm up your vehicle before taking to the road? (6:18)
- How do you know if you are getting the proper gas blend for your vehicle? (7:20)
- What happens if you get a bad batch of gasoline? (9:20)
- After getting an oil change, should you schedule your next appointment based on the date or mileage recommendation of your technician? (10:39)
- What is the checking procedure for the octane of gasoline at the pump? (12:10)
Listen as Patti Arroyo and Mike Fejeran discuss common car problems and how to deal with them.
More Tech Talk!