How to Change Battery in Mazda Key Fob
Looking to replace your Mazda key fob battery? Before getting started, make sure you have your key fob, a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver, and the replacement battery ready for action. Once you have all of these materials, you can get started. Here’s how you can change the battery in your Mazda key fob:
- First, remove the auxiliary key by pressing the knob located on the back of the fob. Your auxiliary key will help you unlock and lock your doors without relying on electrical systems such as those that power the fob. You’ll find it by grabbing the looped end at the top of the fob and pulling it out.
- Next, take your flathead screwdriver and insert it into the opening you’ve created. You’ll want to twist it toward the opposite end to loosen the cover. After loosening the cover, insert the screwdriver into the gap on the outside of the fob. Then slide it down toward the other end until you’ve loosened the cover enough to remove it.
- After removing the cover, you can remove the battery cap. Then you’ll be able to remove the battery, but make sure not to scratch or otherwise damage the rubber ring.
- You may need to reattach the rubber ring before inserting a new battery.
- Take the new battery and insert it into the key with the positive side facing the top of the fob.
- Replace the battery cap and key fob cover. You should hear a snap when it’s securely in place.
- Reinsert the auxiliary key and you’re ready to hit the road!
Additional Tips for Mazda Key Fob Battery Replacement
It’s not too tricky, right? You shouldn’t have any issues replacing the Mazda key fob battery, but make sure that you work with a qualified technician if you don’t feel comfortable conducting the replacement yourself. You should also consult your owner’s manual for additional information about key fob disassembly.
Learn More about Mazda Vehicles on Guam Today
Find out why we’re the best place to buy cars on Guam , and then check out the Mazda3 and Mazda CX-3 to see how convenient and performance-oriented the latest Mazda vehicles truly are. Want to get a better idea of that which sets Mazda vehicles apart? Why not compare the Mazda CX-9 vs. Toyota Highlander?
More Car Care Tips From Triple J Guam
If you’re ready to purchase a new or used car and are worried that being stationed in the CNMI will make it difficult, we’re here to ease your mind. We make buying a car while in the military is easy and inexpensive, which is why we have been voted the best place to buy cars…
If you’re looking for fun things to do on Guam, there are few options so unique and enjoyable as the many miles that make up the beautiful shoreline of this island. Whether you’re looking to sunbathe, swim, or just enjoy the incredible views, here’s a guide to some of the best beaches on Guam from…
Topics: Tips, AC, wiper blades, oil change, LED lights